Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another thought about making choices

I appreciate the response to the blog about making choices. I gave it some more thought and decided our first impulse is to do what we think will accomplish what we want in the shortest time. If only we had waited a moment and searched ourselves for our real desire. At the moment I thought I wanted ice cream, did I really want ice cream or did I want to be in a really loving relationship that would fulfill my desire to be held and appreciated. Was the ice cream a quick fix to a deeper problem? I think our desires get stirred in with our need to be gratiated at that very moment in time. No one to hold me now, the ice cream will suffice.

Have you waited and searched your desires when you make a decision to do or get something?
When was the last time you took a moment to really pay attention to your desire?

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment